This is a very popular question, so if you are wondering what to wear for your headshot session you are not alone! Depending on your overall headshot use and profession what you want to wear may vary!
For a Corporate Professional & Polished look:
- Wear business professional attire.
- Avoid tweed, plaid, pinstripes and other complex or bold patterns.
- We recommend wearing solid, mid-toned to dark colored clothing.
- Men: Suit jacket and pastel-colored shirt such as ivory, yellow, blue, pink, purple. etc. (avoid checkered and pinstripes) ties are encouraged (patterned ties are acceptable). Check with your company dress code on any other specifics.
- Women: Suit jacket with blouse, shell, or sheath dress. ¾ length to long sleeve dresses without jacket are also acceptable. V-neck & boat necklines look best. We advise completing the look with professional hair and make up and some simple jewelry.
To achieve a Business Casual look:
- Men: A polo or collared button down shirt with or without a sportcoat, sweater, or 3/4 zip pullover, with nice jeans or dress pants.
- Women: ¾ length to long sleeve dresses without jacket, collared button down shirt, V-neck & boat neckline sweaters, and accents such as a scarf, denim or leather jacket. We advise completing the look with professional hair and make up and some simple jewelry.
For Creative Professionals:
- Pay careful attention to color – you may want to wear some of your branding colors and go with brighter more exuberant colors that showcase your creativity.
- You may even consider props that accentuate and highlight your industry.
Have more questions about what to wear? Contact us!
Boston Headshot Photographer, Boston Headshots, Boston Portrait, Boston Portrait Company, Branding Headshots, Headshot Photographer, Headshots, Headshots Boston, What to wear